Sunday, 1 December 2013
Here's what you need to do to make one:
1. Make a big ring out of wire. I used wire that was about 3mm thick, and got my husband to close the ring with pliers. I used a dinner plate to make sure it was a circle.
2. Cut a lot of fabric strips (I used around 50). They should be about 7 inches long and and inch and a half wide. You can cut them as you go if you prefer.
3. Tie the strips on one by one. Double knot them: make the first note quite tight and the second knot loose. Keep going until there's no space left.
4. Add a ribbon or a string to hang it from, if you like that sort of thing. I used a headband from American Apparel that was too tight for my head.
5. Put a nail in your door if you don't have one already, to hang it from.