Tuesday 12 February 2008

Daniel Handler, will you marry me?


You are already married? Oh well. She must be lovely.

You are brilliant though! My favourite things about you:
- you were a poet first
- you say bad things about the film on which your own books were based
- you like babies
- your motivation for writing childrens books is that they are rubbish
- you wrote an incest opera novel and don't care too much whether people want to read it
- your only writing advice is to write, and get a job with access to free photocopying
- your life philosophy is to never refuse a breathmint
- when interviewing jack black, you asked him only questions pertaining to weddings.

You are really very good, and borrow novel formats for your children's books from great french literature. You make everyone laugh, and play the accordian on proper records because no one else does.

This collection of things about you strikes me as rather wonderful. I am glad you are successful, even though The Basic Eight got rejected 37 times.

2 comments:

The Chrome Master General said...

Who would you want to win in a duel to the death for your affections: Daniel Handler or first album John legend?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like this guy, and I have never even heard of him but I think, Chrome Master General, that he would win in a duel to the death... mwu ha ha ha ha ha!!!!