Monday 18 March 2013

The Ole Job Hunt: Where I'm At

Job hunting is boring and time consuming, and I've been doing it for a couple of months now. Some of you might be curious about how that's going, so this is an update.

I've been applying to roughly one job a week, which may not sound like a lot, but when you consider that some of them require an eight page application form and an essay on why you want to work for their company, perhaps you can see why I can't do more than that and also do my job and try to HAVE A LIFE.

Most of the jobs I applied to I haven't heard from yet but I did get OFFERED a job in Singapore. It was for a cool English school and I liked them but I turned it down because of the working hours: it was evenings and all day on Saturdays and Sundays. They gave a weekend during the week instead, but I declined because I thought I'd really never see my husband, ever, and what are the chances of making cool friends who also have a Wednesday-Thursday weekend?

I applied for a job in South Korea and they made me write a letter about why I wanted to work for them on THURSDAY NIGHT to get onto a short list for interview. I made it onto the short list and have an interview coming up later in the week (Friday I think). The school seems cool but I'm not sure how I'd do going from eighteen weeks holiday a year to four, like most people!

Basically all this job hunting is exhausting and I hope I get a cool job soon so that we aren't homeless next year.

No comments: