Saturday 5 January 2013

Art A Level: Manga

Okay, so I'm not really sure if I can include this under the A Level heading, but I did it in my sketchbook. I've wanted to try drawing manga since I was a teenager and decided to give it a go using a guide i bought for the kindle. I realised afterwards that using a berol pen and watercolour pencils was probably not the best idea, because the ink has run. I'll know for next time I guess! It was a lot of fun but not that mentally stimulating at this beginner's stage.

Here are some more, which I didn't colour in. I did them after the above ones and I think they are a bit better:


All my A-Level work so far is in A3 sized sketchbooks, which, as my teacher/friend keeps telling me, is not big enough alone to pass the A-Level. I have to work bigger. I want an A2 sketchbook, but can't buy one here. I could order one from Amazon, but it would take 4-5 months to arrive, if it does arrive. I don't like those big scary white sheets of paper, but I guess I'll just have to be brave.

No comments: