Friday 18 January 2013

Potato Clock

Do you ever feel that every blog you read is secretly trying to tell you 'My home is better than your home'? I do, and it's annoying. But in this particular instance, my home actually IS better than your home. Unless you too are lucky enough to possess a stylish potato clock:

 It looks fantastic and really works: we've had it up and running for about a week. We have ours in the lounge but I think it would also look cool in a kitchen or in an office, particularly the kind of office with cubicles where everything is kind of blah. I'm no scientist, but I guess that if the potatoes run out of power, you can replace them with some new ones!

To make the potato clock I think you really just need some potatoes and some bits of metal and wire, along with a clock fitting. We used this nifty kit that we got from Amazon:
It doesn't only work with potatoes! Also with lemons and soda, according to the instructions. I'd love to try it with pineapples! What are your ideas for things to test it with?

No comments: