Saturday 26 January 2013

Beading Weekend: Day One

Previously I posted about a beading weekend that I was going on with some girlfriends. We had a great time and I wanted to post some pictures from the experience! This is Day One.




We had three teachers, all employees of Tanzania Maasai Women Art. They were very fast and we had to ask them to slow down so that we could keep up! We worked for about three hours and in that time most of us made one or two items, depending on the size of the things we made. I made (with help, especially in the middles of the circles) two pairs of earrings, pictured below:


And here's the longer pair upon my ear!



We stayed overnight at Mkuru Training Camp in West Kilimanjaro, which had beds in tents on stilts (I always enjoy those). Great food and great company!

No comments: