Friday 8 February 2013

Beading Lunch: The results!

A couple of weeks ago I posted about a beading weekend I went on with some girlfriends to learn Maasai beading. We decided to meet up a fortnight later and have another go (without teachers). It was actually easier than the previous time and I worked out how to make a bracelet:
 I also thought this kind of design would look good if I made a few and sewed them onto a lamp:

 This is the outfit which I feel would go best with the bracelet! A flowery headscarf, white tee and tanzanian kanga skirt:

Next fortnight the beading ladies will undertake a new adventure: video animation. My friends Alison and Charlie have big plans to animate the felt cakes and doughnuts I made. I believe the storyline will be that they make their way from plate to cake stand, and each one will have a different way of moving.
 
I've never done animation before and I'm so excited to see how it will turn out! The location we are using, Shanga, has really beautiful gardens and a nice cake stand which we have 'booked' for the day. We'll also do some more beading.

No comments: