Thursday 7 February 2013

Wedding Venue



Since the wedding venue is something that we have actually organised, I wanted to share it with you.  We're getting married in Pongwe, Zanzibar, on the beach. But the food and drinks and dance party section of the wedding, as well as accommodation, are being hosted by Seasons Lodge. It's a small place with only 10 rooms (7 cottages, 3 in a house). It will be their first wedding, which I'm pretty excited about.

I guess at some point we will organise the menu. They gave us a wedding cake choice of chocolate or banana! A friend of a friend got married in Zanzibar and the bottom layer of the wedding cake was iced cardboard. But I think Seasons is far too classy a venue for such shenanigans.

I still have no idea how many guests this ceremony will entail: all our overseas potential guests are trying to save up... and, um... I haven't yet finished making the invitations for those who live here. Roll on 24th July!

No comments: